Previous Meetings & Events
The Bureau held three public comment hearings in August 2018 to provide the public with an opportunity to comment on the Bureau’s proposed cannabis regulations. These hearings were held in Oakland, Los Angeles, and Sacramento. At these hearings, members of the public presented statements and arguments orally and in writing relevant to the proposed regulatory action. The Bureau received valuable feedback from industry stakeholders and the public during this time. More information on the public comment process can be found here. The dates, times, and locations for the previous public hearings are listed below.
- August 7, 2018, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Hilton Oakland Airport, 1 Hegenberger Road, Oakland, CA 94621
- August 14, 2018, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Millennium Biltmore Hotel, 506 South Grand Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90071
- August 27, 2018, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Tsakopoulos Library Galleria, 828 I Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
Public Licensing Workshops
The Bureau hosted five public licensing workshops in 2017 and 2018 that focused on licensing information and the resources available for people planning to apply for state commercial cannabis licenses. The Bureau was joined by other state and local agencies during these workshops. The workshop format included a brief overview and then transitioned to an open house where people obtained information from and asked questions of different state and local agencies.
- October 12, 2017 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Annenberg Building, Muses Room, 700 Exposition Park Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90037
- October 13, 2017 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Riverside County Administration Center, Board Meeting Room, 4080 Lemon Street, Riverside, CA 92501
- October 17, 2017 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Sacramento Convention Center, Exhibition Hall D, 1400 J Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
- January 22, 2018 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Monterey Conference Center, 1 Portola Plaza, Monterey, CA 93940
- January 25, 2018 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. Marriott Irvine, 18000 Von Karman Avenue, Irvine, CA 92612
- January 26, 2018 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Town & Country Convention Center, 500 Hotel Circle North, San Diego, CA 92108
- February 1, 2018 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Oakland Marriott City Center, 1001 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94607
- March 1, 2018 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. Ukiah Valley Conference Center, 200 South School Street, Ukiah, CA 95482
Medical Cannabis Regulation Public Hearings
In Spring 2017, California’s three cannabis licensing authorities released draft regulations for the Medical Cannabis Regulation and Safety Act of 2015. These licensing authorities held several public hearings to accept oral and written comments regarding the draft regulations.
However, in late June, the Legislature passed and the Governor signed into law the Medicinal and Adult-Use Cannabis Regulation and Safety Act (MAUCRSA), which creates one regulatory system for both medicinal and adult-use (recreational) cannabis. As a result, the licensing authorities withdrew the proposed medical cannabis regulations on October 6, 2017, as announced in this news release.
The three cannabis licensing authorities created emergency regulations based on the new law for the commercial medicinal and adult-use (recreational) cannabis industries. During this process, the licensing authorities considered the valuable public comments received regarding the draft medicinal cannabis regulations. See below for a list of previous medical cannabis regulation hearings.
- June 1, 2017 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Adorni Center 1011 Waterfront Drive, Eureka, CA 95501 (testing lab regulations hearing 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.)
- June 8, 2017 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Junipero Serra Building 320 W. Fourth Street, Los Angeles, CA 90013 (testing lab regulations hearing 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.)
- June 9, 2017 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Department of Consumer Affairs, Hearing Room, S-102 1625 North Market Boulevard, Sacramento, CA 95834 (dispensaries, transportation and distribution only)
- June 13, 2017 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. King Library, Second Floor 150 E. San Fernando Street, San Jose, CA 95112 (testing lab regulations hearing 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.)
- June 20, 2017 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. Department of Consumer Affairs, Hearing Room, S-102 1625 North Market Boulevard, Sacramento, CA 95834 (testing lab regulations only)