Proposed Cannabis Regulations
The Bureau of Cannabis Control have proposed new cannabis regulations under the regular rulemaking process. Summaries of the proposed regulatory changes are available in the links provided below. Please note, the Bureau’s existing readopted emergency regulations will remain in effect until the proposed non-emergency regulations complete the formal rulemaking process.
Changes to Proposed Cannabis Regulations – October 2018 (NEW)
The Bureau recently announced changes to the proposed cannabis regulations published to the California Regulatory Notice Register on July 13, 2018. These proposed changes mark the next step in the formal rulemaking process toward adopting non-emergency regulations and the beginning of a 15-day comment period. These documents and their contents are available in the links provided below.
- 15-Day Notice of Modification to Text of Proposed Regulations
- Bureau of Cannabis Control – Modified Text of Proposed Regulations
- BCC Disciplinary Guidelines – October 2018
- Transportation Procedures, Form BCC-LIC-015
- Non-Laboratory Quality Control Procedures, Form BCC-LIC-017
- Security Procedures, Form BCC-LIC-018
- Delivery Procedures, Form BCC-LIC-020
- Sampling Procedures, Form BCC-LIC-021
- Sampling Preparation Procedures, Form BCC-LIC-022
- Data Package Cover Page and Checklist, Form BCC-LIC-024
- CEQA Exemption Petition, Form BCC-LIC-025
- CEQA Project-Specific Information, Form BCC-LIC-026
- Bureau Notification and Request, Form BCC-LIC-027
- Poison Prevention Packaging Act of 1970 Regulations, (16 C.F.R. §1700.15(b)(1)) (Rev. July 1995)
- CA Department of Food and Agriculture – Modified Text of Proposed Regulations
- CA Department of Public Health – Modified Text of Proposed Regulations
Proposed Cannabis Regulations Package – July 2018
California’s three state cannabis licensing authorities have announced the publication of proposed regulations in the California Regulatory Notice Register, the first step toward adopting non-emergency regulations. This publication is the start of the formal rulemaking process and marks the opening of the 45-day public comment period.
We encourage everyone to submit comments on the proposed regulations for the licensing authorities to review and consider. The licensing authorities will review each timely and relevant comment received and will respond to all comments in documents filed during the final stages of the rulemaking process, regardless of the method used to submit the comments. For additional information regarding the release of the Bureau’s proposed regulations, how written comments may be submitted, or the upcoming public comment hearings, please refer to the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking. For information on the proposed cannabis regulations packages for all three state licensing authorities, please visit the state’s California Cannabis Portal.
Please note that during this process, the Bureau’s existing readopted emergency regulations will remain in effect. The full text of the readopted emergency regulations currently in effect is available here. The Bureau’s proposed non-emergency regulations and rulemaking documents can be found in the links listed below.
- Bureau of Cannabis Control – Proposed Text of Regulations
- Redline Version of Proposed Regulations
- Summary of Proposed Regulatory Changes
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
- Initial Statement of Reason
- Documents Incorporated by Reference – Disciplinary Guidelines July 2018
- Documents Incorporated by Reference – Forms
- Documents Incorporated by Reference – US FDA Guidelines
- CA Department of Food & Agriculture – Proposed Text of Regulations
- CA Department of Public Health – Proposed Text of Regulations