Contact Us

To Contact a Board, Bureau, Committee, or Program

To reach a specific DCA entity (board/bureau/committee/program), please contact them directly at:

DCA does NOT have jurisdiction to resolve concerns or questions related to the following:

Issue Contact
Landlord/tenant issues California Department of Real Estate
California Tenants – A Guide to Residential Tenants’ and Landlords’ Rights and Responsibilities Guidebook
Debt collection issues
Dating apps/websites Please contact the company directly, or visit
Gift cards
Warranties (excluding appliances and vehicles)
Telephone/cell phone provider complaints & prepaid telephone cards
Travel - Claims against registered participants of the Travel Consumer Restitution Corporation (for California consumers who suffer losses as a result of the bankruptcy, cessation of operations, insolvency, or material failure of a seller of travel to provide the contracted transportation or travel services.)
Insurance companies
App-based money transmitters
Online merchants
Internet service providers
Auto purchases and driver's license laws and issues

Consumer Assistance

Consumer service representatives can answer consumer, licensee, and applicant questions in over 200 different languages. They can also assist in the filing of complaints, and mail helpful publications. Automated services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Our toll-free telephone line is staffed Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., except on the first and third Wednesday of each month, when we open at 8:30 a.m. We are closed on state-observed holidays.

To submit a public comment, complaint, or suggestion via email, please click here.

Or mail a complaint form to:
Department of Consumer Affairs
Consumer Information Center
1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112
Sacramento, CA 95834
Map and Driving Directions to 1625 North Market Blvd.

To submit a Public Records Act (PRA) request pertaining to a specific DCA entity (board/bureau/committee/program), please contact them directly at:

To submit a PRA request pertaining to DCA but not to a specific DCA entity, please click here.

For additional assistance, call the Consumer Information Center at:
Main: (800) 952-5210
Hearing-impaired persons: 711, or 1-800-735-2929 (TTY)
California Relay Service: 1-800-735-2922 (Voice)

If you are interested in doing business with us, please contact the Small Business/DVBE Advocate.

Media Inquiries

If you are a member of the media, please visit the DCA Newsroom webpage.