Welcome to the Bureau of Cannabis Control
The Bureau of Cannabis Control is the lead agency in developing regulations for medical and adult-use cannabis in California. The Bureau is responsible for licensing retailers, distributors, testing labs and microbusinesses.
Cannabis Laws and Regulations
In 2015, the Legislature passed and the Governor signed into law three bills (Assembly Bills 243 and 266, and Senate Bill 643) that create a licensing and regulatory framework for medical cannabis. It is anticipated that the regulations will be developed by January 1, 2018.Learn More
In October 2017, the Department of Consumer Affairs announced the members of the state’s Cannabis Advisory Committee under the Bureau of Cannabis Control. (BCC)
The committee will advise BCC and the other licensing authorities – the California Department of Food and Agriculture and the California Department of Public Health – on the development of regulations that help protect public health and safety and reduce the illegal market for cannabis.
Committee members serve at the pleasure of the Director of the Department of Consumer Affairs. Members will not be paid, but will be reimbursed for any necessary travel for approved advisory committee meetings.
BCC will work with the new members to set a date for the first meeting of the advisory committee. Additional information and meeting agendas will soon be posted at www.bcc.ca.gov, and on the Cannabis Web Portal, www.cannabis.ca.gov.
Next Scheduled Meeting
Sacramento Masonic Temple, 1123 J Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
The Bureau of Cannabis Control offers rewarding career opportunities. Becoming a member of the Bureau means that you are joining a family of dedicated, hardworking people. Below you will find links to three different instructional videos designed to give you an idea of how the state jobs application process works.
- Resolution Approving the Negative Declaration – Posted 11/14/17
- Finding of Fact for the CDFA PEIR – Posted 11/14/17
- Responses to CEQA Comments – Posted 11/14/17
- Notice of Determination of the Negative Declaration – Posted 11/14/17
- Notice of Determination of the CDFA PEIR – Posted 11/14/17
- Bureau of Cannabis Control To Host First Cannabis Advisory Committee Meeting – Posted 11/6/17
- Department of Consumer Affairs Announces Appointments to Cannabis Advisory Committee – Posted 10/10/17
- MCRSA Regulations – Notice of Decision Not to Proceed – Posted 10/6/17
- MCRSA Lab Regulations – Notice of Decision Not to Proceed – Posted 10/6/17
- Bureau of Cannabis Control Announces Three Upcoming Public Licensing Workshops – Posted 10/3/17
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (800) 952-5210
- Address: Bureau of Cannabis Control
P.O. Box 138200
Sacramento, CA 95813-8200