Welcome to the Bureau of Cannabis Control
The Bureau is responsible for regulating commercial cannabis licenses for retailers, distributors, microbusinesses, testing laboratories, and temporary cannabis events.
Cannabis Laws and Regulations
In 2015, the Legislature passed and the Governor signed into law three bills (Assembly Bills 243 and 266, and Senate Bill 643) that create a licensing and regulatory framework for medical cannabis. It is anticipated that the regulations will be developed by January 1, 2018.Learn More
In October 2017, the Department of Consumer Affairs announced the members of the state’s Cannabis Advisory Committee under the Bureau of Cannabis Control. (BCC)
The committee will advise BCC and the other licensing authorities – the California Department of Food and Agriculture and the California Department of Public Health – on the development of regulations that help protect public health and safety and reduce the illegal market for cannabis.
Committee members serve at the pleasure of the Director of the Department of Consumer Affairs. Members will not be paid, but will be reimbursed for any necessary travel for approved advisory committee meetings.
BCC will work with the new members to set a date for the first meeting of the advisory committee. Additional information and meeting agendas will soon be posted at www.bcc.ca.gov, and on the Cannabis Web Portal, www.cannabis.ca.gov.
Next Scheduled Meeting
Millennium Biltmore Hotel, 506 South Grand Avenue, Los Angeles, CA, 90071
The Bureau of Cannabis Control offers rewarding career opportunities. Becoming a member of the Bureau means that you are joining a family of dedicated, hardworking people. Below you will find links to three different instructional videos designed to give you an idea of how the state jobs application process works.
- Bureau of Cannabis Control Announces Subcommittee Meetings and Input Survey - Posted 1/30/18
- Bureau of Cannabis Control Issues First Licenses for Commerical Cannabis Activity - Posted 12/14/17
- Bureau of Cannabis Control Launches Online Licensing Application System - Posted 12/8/17
- Bureau of Cannabis Control Disciplinary Guidelines November 2017 – Posted 11/16/17
- Bureau Emergency Medicinal and Adult-Use Regulation Fact Sheet – Posted 11/16/17
- Bureau of Cannabis Control Announces Submitting of Proposed Emergency Regulations and Public Comment Period – Posted 11/28/17
- Emergency Medicinal and Adult-Use Cannabis Regulation Package – Posted 11/16/17
- Notice – Emergency Rulemaking Action Medicinal and Adult-Use Cannabis Regulation – Posted 11/16/17
- Bureau Proposed Text of Regulations Medicinal and Adult-Use Cannabis Regulation – Posted 11/16/17
- Finding of Emergency Medicinal and Adult-Use Cannabis Regulation – Posted 11/16/17
- Resolution Approving the Negative Declaration – Posted 11/14/17
- Finding of Fact for the CDFA PEIR – Posted 11/14/17
- Responses to CEQA Comments – Posted 11/14/17
- Notice of Determination of the Negative Declaration – Posted 11/14/17
- Notice of Determination of the CDFA PEIR – Posted 11/14/17
- Bureau of Cannabis Control To Host First Cannabis Advisory Committee Meeting – Posted 11/6/17
- Department of Consumer Affairs Announces Appointments to Cannabis Advisory Committee – Posted 10/10/17
- MCRSA Regulations – Notice of Decision Not to Proceed – Posted 10/6/17
- MCRSA Lab Regulations – Notice of Decision Not to Proceed – Posted 10/6/17
- Bureau of Cannabis Control Announces Three Upcoming Public Licensing Workshops – Posted 10/3/17
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (833) 768-5880
- Address: Bureau of Cannabis Control
2920 Kilgore Road
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
- Mailing Address:
PO Box 419106
Rancho Cordova, CA 95741-9106